• Considers all those to whom services are provided to be
“clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
• Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
• Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
• Monitors ongoing developments inside
• and outside the clients’ environment
• to keep informed and anticipate problems.
• Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
• Meets time line for delivery of product or services to client.
• Limited awareness of client’s point of view.
• Is only moderately concerned about helping others.
• Takes time to warm to people and establish relationships.
• Does not work as hard as colleagues to meet
• client needs.
• Little evidence of receiving positive client feedback.
• Is lax in keeping client informed.
How much experience have you had with clients?
- What do you like about dealing with them?
- What do you dislike?
- How do you look after their interests?
- Whom do you consider to be your clients?
Give me an example of when you have put a client first.
- What sacrifices did you have to make?
- What impact did this have on your other activities?
- How was this seen by others?
Describe a time in the last 6 months when you had to help a client.
- How did you find out about their real needs?
- Why did they come to you?
- How well did you manage to meet their needs?
Tell me about the last time a client made an excessive or unreasonable demand on you.
- What made them so demanding?
- What did you do to assist them?
- What pressure did this put you under?
Describe a time when you were unable to help out a client as much as they wanted.
- Why was this?
- What did they say about your reaction?
- What feedback did you have about the situation?
- What would have you done differently?
How much opportunity have you had to develop long-term relationships with clients?
- Tell me about a particular relationship.
- How did you develop this relationship?
- Describe how you gained their trust and respect.
- What feedback did you receive from the client (person)?
Describe a recent occasion when you had to idea a client’s (person’s) requirements for a piece of…
- How did you know that your perceptions client’s (person’s) need was accurate?
- How do you think you could improve your skills at correctly meeting the needs of your clients?
- What do you see as being the essential skills to master in order to appraise client’s (people’s) needs accurately?
Give me an example of when it has been important to keep clients (people) informed of progress.
- What did you do specifically that was effective?
- How do you think you could improve your approach to informing clients?
- When are you less likely to follow up with clients?
- How do you manage the expectations of the client?
When have you considered the perspective of clients when making a decision?
- Why was this important?
- What did you specifically consider?
- What did this information add to the final decision?